Some parents’ behaviors affect their children’s lives and are much like a mark: they represent the pattern of behavior that the child will assume in adulthood. They are the root that is difficult to eradicate. They are the pod from which the seeds of the future will be born.
Some of these behaviors will be remembered and adopted, others will be rejected and opposed with great force, however influencing the lives of their children and their children’s children.
Children, even before looking at the world, learn to listen to it. All memories, the deepest and oldest imprints, are therefore auditory or “vibrational”.
Here is a list of some of these behaviors:
- Every child clearly remembers the way their parents used their voice. Although he or she still cannot understand the meaning of words, he/she recognizes the delicate vibrations of compliments and cuddles just as well as the negative vibrations of family quarrels and tensions.
- We must not forget that silence is an important part of human communication. Children remember very clearly the sense of abandonment and “danger” linked to the moments of silence of their childhood.
- Once they begin to understand the meaning of words, words take on importance. You should pay close attention to the promises you make to them. This little seed is one of the most dangerous because it teaches them to lie.
- The words you choose to use and the moment you say them define the future of your children. Words of comfort, if used at the right time, teach empathy, physical contact, intimacy. Be careful not to comfort your children when it is not necessary because you risk teaching them dishonesty and sociopathic behavior.
- Verbal violence afflicts and destroys the self-esteem of one’s children. Using words in an aggressive way teaches the parasitic emotion of anger, which will always present itself in all moments of frustration of the future adult.