What are the Benefits of Speech Therapy for Autism
What is Autism?
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that may impair communication as well as social and cognitive skills. It is also known as autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and a person with ASD may have the following traits:
- Repetitive Behavior such as repetitively stacking or lining up objects
- Less Social Understanding due to less eye contact and turn-taking, and unable to express themselves using movements
The biggest problems that might happen to a person with ASD are speech and communication problems. It can deeply affect their communication in many ways.
A person with autism may:
- Not talk at all
- Make harsh sounds or utter grunts
- Frequently repeat what another person says
- Speak without an expressive tone of voice
- Struggle to create creative words
- Understand little of meaning of symbols
Because of these difficulties, a person with autism must spend more time and effort to learn how to speak than an average person would. Not only is there is a need to improve on their voice, but also body language, tone, and facial expressions. This is when a speech therapist like Mylena of Inborn Voice comes in to improve communication and enhance the quality of life of a person with autism.
Inborn Voice is different from traditional speech therapy techniques that are currently used worldwide:
- We take great care of not letting the child understand he/she is “wrong”. So we work with clients, especially the youngest one, in their home.
- We start evaluating their situation as an external observer and if we find the Inborn Voice Method is helpful, we will address and educate the parents first. They will be interacting with their child much longer than our session does and so the results will be much faster.
- We evaluate the progress from time to time, leaving the great training effort to the parent until the child is ready to start the journey through the Inborn Voice Method.
Some of the Benefits of the Inborn Voice method versus the traditional Speech Therapy:
- Parents can start seeing results as soon as after the first week.
- The child starts to understand they are not “wrong”: they are perfectly “okay”, even “special”.
- The child will start better interaction with other children of the same age and will start to develop new friends.
- Will start to develop better temporal and spatial awareness.
Research in Europe has shown that Inborn Voice can be an effective way to address those affected by autism and to let them improve their communications skills.
Contact Mylena of Inborn Voice to learn how we can help your child with autism improve their communication skills by using the Inborn Method. We serve the Greater Boston area and more via the personal private lessons at your home. We will visit the child in your home, and then we will start training the parents in our office inside the Cummings Center of Beverly or online. Call us or fill out a contact form for more information.
and Mylena Vocal Coach:
- Learn moreFree eBook!
The Art of Keeping a Healthy Voice
You can purchase the book on Amazon or at any bookstore. We offer you the opportunity to download for free the ebook version of Mylena Vocal Coach "The art of keeping a healthy voice": just follow carefully the instructions you will receive by email!
The ebook includes: ● Mylena's Vocal Coach Five Golden Rules ● 28 Practical tips ● 25 Testimonials ● and much more!
- Learn moreThe Way of the Voice
A secret is hiding on everyone’s lips
Milena cares so much about the well-being and expressiveness of people that she has already written more than one book on how to use voice and free human interpersonal skills. Her latest book, the way of the voice, explains in simple and understandable words what it is and how to tap into one's inborn voice to drastically improve one's way of expressing oneself and experiencing life.
- Learn MoreThe Voice Guru
the new book by Mylena Vocal Coach
QThis book contains 16 life experiences that all have a common starting point: voice training with the Inborn Voice® method. They are all people who have sought Mylena to improve their personal, professional or social communication skills. Women and men of all ages and backgrounds who, by reclaiming the sound of their own voice, have managed to turn their lives around, literally rising from the ashes like a phoenix.
- Learn MoreVocal Coaching Video Lessons
available on the Patreon
Milena continues to be a pioneer in digital media. In fact, she has just launched a new training service on Patreon. For a small fee, you can access exclusive training videos ranging from how to use your voice in acting to how to interact in the world of finance.
- Learn MoreA real Vocal Coach
finally on Youtube
Until now it was impossible to find a real vocal coach on youtube. Mainly you find singing teachers or critics who do not teach anything handy or who, even worse, invite you to experiment with techniques that are dangerous for the health of vocal cords. Mylena Vocal Coach makes available on her channel real vocal coaching paths suitable for anyone who wants to improve expressiveness and communication skills.
- Learn MoreInborn Voice Workshops
all around the World.
Maybe your call is not for one to one lessons, but one-day event. Then our Workshop will be your deal. We run Workshops all over the world in big cities like Milano, London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles.
Please contact us to be among the first to know when the next event near you is scheduled. Early birds save huge!