How to Avoid Ums, Like, and You Know
Do you often speak in a style that often had the words like, you know and weird pauses of um? Try counting the number of those words when you make a speech. You would be surprised by the way you speak can hold you back in your career. It distracts people to truly hear your message and ideas. Due to the habit of ending sentences with an upward inflection, it displays a lack of confidence to your audience. There is also a possibility that your clients may cancel a job due to your speaking style.
Remember the failed Senate bid of Carolyn Kennedy in 2008? Kennedy seemed unable to attract the audience and articulate her ideas without saying you know”. As you rise up the corporate ladder, the bigger the spotlight and expectation.
In order to change your speaking style to sound more professional, here are some easy steps:
- Take a video of yourself. Make sure you are aware of the ums, likes, and you knows. A co-worker or a higher level professional can give you advice on how to improve.
- Study the speaking styles of politicians or business leaders. Today, there are many top-notch leaders that you can study from. Take a look at the speeches of Barack Obama, Howard Schultz, Indra Nooyi, and the higher-ups at your company. Make a note on how they pace their speech and when to pause. Notice how they deliver their ideas to attract the crowd in front of them.
- Join Inborn Voice. Voice & speech lessons are offered to anyone who would like to improve their speech effectiveness for interviews and public speech in the areas of Beverly, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, and internationally through online classes.
In the end, it’s not about copying someone else’s speech style, but to take the elements that make them successful. It’s still about delivering your own unique ideas and using those elements to attract the crowd.
Contact Inborn Voice now to become truly professional at interviews and public speeches.
and Mylena Vocal Coach:
- Learn moreFree eBook!
The Art of Keeping a Healthy Voice
You can purchase the book on Amazon or at any bookstore. We offer you the opportunity to download for free the ebook version of Mylena Vocal Coach "The art of keeping a healthy voice": just follow carefully the instructions you will receive by email!
The ebook includes: ● Mylena's Vocal Coach Five Golden Rules ● 28 Practical tips ● 25 Testimonials ● and much more!
- Learn moreThe Way of the Voice
A secret is hiding on everyone’s lips
Milena cares so much about the well-being and expressiveness of people that she has already written more than one book on how to use voice and free human interpersonal skills. Her latest book, the way of the voice, explains in simple and understandable words what it is and how to tap into one's inborn voice to drastically improve one's way of expressing oneself and experiencing life.
- Learn MoreThe Voice Guru
the new book by Mylena Vocal Coach
QThis book contains 16 life experiences that all have a common starting point: voice training with the Inborn Voice® method. They are all people who have sought Mylena to improve their personal, professional or social communication skills. Women and men of all ages and backgrounds who, by reclaiming the sound of their own voice, have managed to turn their lives around, literally rising from the ashes like a phoenix.
- Learn MoreA real Vocal Coach
finally on Youtube
Until now it was impossible to find a real vocal coach on youtube. Mainly you find singing teachers or critics who do not teach anything handy or who, even worse, invite you to experiment with techniques that are dangerous for the health of vocal cords. Mylena Vocal Coach makes available on her channel real vocal coaching paths suitable for anyone who wants to improve expressiveness and communication skills.
- Learn MoreInborn Voice Workshops
all around the World.
Maybe your call is not for one to one lessons, but one-day event. Then our Workshop will be your deal. We run Workshops all over the world in big cities like Milano, London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles.
Please contact us to be among the first to know when the next event near you is scheduled. Early birds save huge!